Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Kiosk

Howard St. Key 1 by midgefrazel
Howard St. Key 1, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
Every once in a while, I spy a kiosk in an old graveyard. On Monday, we ventured out to Northborough, MA because it looked like everyone in this town is buried in one cemetery (from my research) and I think that might be the case. (Howard St. Cemetery)

We saw a man carving a date on a stone. I didn't want to disturb him and I didn't have my camera with me to take a photo at a distance. I took this shot with my iPhone.

In the oldest section was this kiosk with a map, numbered graves and as you can see here, the inscription on the gravestone.

At the bottom is this great reference to a town history and the reason for the existence of the oldest section.

I took a few photos which I will show you later but I plan to return on a quiet day with the mirror and my good camera.

No comments: