Thursday, October 11, 2012

Family History Month: The Mustang

Ragen and Midge by midgefrazel
Ragen and Midge, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.


Family History Month: Wheels I Liked 


It has been a long time since my friend, Gail Casson, took this picture of Ragen Tiliakos and me in the parking lot at the Williams School in Bridgewater. It was a Kodachrome slide that I scanned to make this digital copy.

We'd been developing a program for 5 and 6 grade teachers and their students to get started in word processing in the writing curriculum. Ragen is now Dr. Tiliakos and workes for the Taunton School System. 

It is rare to see me in a skirt which, as I recall, was the reason for taking this photo. The wheels behind me was the only car (a Mustang) I owned that I liked. It was terrible in the snow. I hate snow.

One thing that genealogy does for us is it makes us reflect on our own lives in a way that other people do not understand. I am happy to say that I have moved away from this time in my life. Most people (not the school children) did not like my perspective of technology use. They disliked it just as I don't like cars.

I laugh now at the amount of time that I wasted trying to get teachers "on board" as it says on the decal on my car window. I hope that the ones I tried to teach are getting the help they need using technology in their retired life from their grandchildren. After all, I was right. Technology is here to stay.

The children I taught loved it and that's all that matters. 

This is the last post in this series for Family History Month 2012.

No comments: