Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Myles STANDISH

Myles Standish by midgefrazel
Myles Standish, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
Although he is not a proved ancestor of my husband, I have always been intrigued by "Capt. Shrimp" and his life. This is quite the military section of this burying ground which is named for him. [More photos are here]

I need to try to figure out why hubs family says they are his descendants. Myles first wife died that awful first winter and he married again. He died in 1656. 

Pilgrim Village Family Sketch of Myles Standish
MayflowerHistory.com: Myles Standish 
The Courtship of Myles Standish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's my ancestor! I've read a biography of him, and he and the other Mayflower passengers were just simply amazing. With the help of books and blogs, I get some idea of what a culture shock these folks had, and of course, what hardy stock the survivors must have had. My other Mayflower ancestors, that I know of, are William Brewster and Edward Doty. So at least, your ancestors and mine knew each other quite well.