Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Close Yet So Far


Aiken-Dow-Strong Plot Annotated
Photo  by Brian Zoldak, used with permission

The orange square shows the location of my paternal grandparents. I knew my grandmother's sisters should be buried nearby. I found Georgina Watts Aiken's gravestone by walking down the "road" where the car is located in this photo.

I didn't venture into this next section, where Jessie Taylor Aiken and her family are buried. So, Brian, being the excellent photographer he is took this photo to show me where I should look next time I go to River Bend Cemetery in Westerly, RI


Remember, location is everything! Look at all nearby gravestones!

2 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

good tip. I try to remember that when I visit cemeteries.

Anonymous said...

Hi Midge, So glad you did similar for me in Elm Grove Cemetery a couple of years back. Yes, sometimes many extended family members are buried in the same cemetery. This also can span several generations and the people may not have even resided in that same area!