Saturday, June 01, 2013

Learning About Mystic, Connecticut

Mystic, CT Resources by midgefrazel
Mystic, CT Resources, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

Books and Video about Mystic


I enjoy researching my Connecticut families most of all perhaps because there are so many online resources and people to help me. When we visit there, hubs likes to buy me books to read. I think it keeps me quiet so he can watch football games in the Fall?

Mystic is such an interesting place and if I lived nearer, I could spend nearly every summer/fall weekend going to a family reunion of one of the many families I am descended from but I can tell you it would be exhausting and expensive. I try to make a plan to go there once a year, but it doesn't always work out. 

When I first starting attending these reunions (about 2004), I learned a lot about my ancestors. Now, I am not sure the people going know as much as they used to to share with me. It makes me wonder. 

I have noticed that family reunions seem to be moving to cooler weather from July and August to September and October. Had anyone else in New England noticed this?


No comments: