Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday: Warner and Susanna AYLSWORTH

My Quaker Ancestors
Quaker Meeting House Grounds
Adams, MA
Photo of gravestones by Hulda Jowett, 2011, used with permission

Warner and Susanna (Battey) AYLSWORTH 

Warner AYLESWORTH (1766 - 1843)
is your 4th great grandfather
daughter of Warner AYLESWORTH
son of Ada Ann AYLSWORTH
daughter of Charles Turner EVANS
son of Adah Ann EVANS
daughter of Evans STEWART
Me

This is the list of what Ancestry tells me is the "direct line" from Warner to myself. I have gravestones of many of my fourth great grandparents. If you had told me that I would have found any of them in that generation (or earlier) I would have told you you were nuts. But, that was 2004, before people were finding them for me. What a difference online collaboration makes!

The carved information on Warner and his wife Susanna is classic for the period. Notice that her year of death has a space between the 18 and the 43.

I am so glad to see these gravestones!

1 comment:

Stephanie Pitcher Fishman said...

This is fantastic! Just beautiful!