Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Just the Snow Plow

Drift outside our side deck, 27 January 2015

Just the Snowplow?
You may have heard about the Blizzard we had yesterday here in Massachusetts. We live in Central Massachusetts and we figure about 30 plus inches fell. This made me think about the incident of the snow plow.

Where I grew up in Cranston, RI, we had a few years of snow much like what fell here yesterday. One day, while I was in high school, my mother, who did not sleep well and was hard to wake up in the morning, came into the kitchen at breakfast where my father and I were eating our cereal and juice. 

He put on the coffee and she sat down sleepily and said, "I had a tough night. I thought it couldn't be a dream because it was so loud. I sat up in bed trying to hear the noise on the street outside. Suddenly, I realized it was just the snowplow and I laid down and went back to sleep."

It was July.

We never let her forget it. 

2 comments:

Miriam Robbins said...

Hi, Midge,

Just wanted to let you know this post was highlighted in my Friday Finds and Follows: 30 January 2015 post on my genealogy blog, AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors.

Best,

Miriam

Dana Leeds said...

Ha! That's a great story! And, the layers of the snow in that photo are beautiful