Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday: Carleton M. Fisk

Photo by John Bibber, Find-A-Grave volunteer, used with permission
Mount Hope Cemetery, Swansea, MA. (2014)


Photo by John Bibber, Find-A-Grave volunteer, used with permission
Mount Hope Cemetery, Swansea, MA. (2014)



My husband's Uncle Carl and his wife Edna M. Craig lived a long and happy life together. They were married on her birthday. She was my mother-in-law's sister. The Craig sisters and their brother were very close and lived not far from each other their whole lives. Easy to talk to, Uncle Carl was an interesting man who lived to have a 100th birthday party which we attended. Not many families can say that. Uncle Carl was the life of that party, walking around and talking to guest like he just turned 50. 

I am so glad to see his gravestone and as I suspected Uncle Carl's mother and father are listed on the stone too. Uncle Carl told me that he and his father built the house in Swansea together. It had a crushed stone driveway which fascinated my daughter when she was little and went there with us for dessert on Thanksgiving. Being a childless couple, Uncle Carl and Aunt Edna had a lot of friends and bought a camper and went on many adventures. When she passed away, Uncle Carl continued to travel. We have many family stories about them. 

Uncle Carl's sister is also buried here. Her name was Ruth. Her husband's name is on the stone and I think he died in Florida which may be why there is not a death year for him on the stone. I will save what I know about Uncle Carl's family for another day since they were so interesting to research.


Previous Blog Posts:


Questions about this post?: email me please

1 comment:

Linda Stufflebean said...

Hi Midge, I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Linda Stufflebean at www.emptybranchesonthefamilytree.com.