Friday, August 08, 2008

Let the Summer [Genea-Bloggers] Games Begin!

Opening Ceremonies [Flag]

In my recent post, I blogged about the categories of competition in which I will be participating. As this blog is devoted to gravestone photography and research, those who visit here may be mystified by why there are no gravestones in some of these entries and so they can take a few days off from visiting here until I start posting the events which have gravestone references.

Rules are rules and I have specific tasks set by the “Genea-Bloggers Summer Games” on the social networking Web site Facebook to follow. Being neither an athlete nor a “rules follower”, this is sure to be a lot of hard work!

Genealogy research is about writing, research and sharing what you uncover.

This is the logo of the games which is from today, Friday August 8, 2008 to Saturday, August 23, 2008. I will be posting daily in this time period. These posts will either meet the event requirements or they will be about the process that genealogists must follow to do research. I will be keeping a daily tally of the tasks in which it took to compete and accomplish my goals. Feel free to ask questions about this via the comment section here or directly to me in an email.

2008 Genea-Bloggers Games

No comments: