Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reindeer Games


Reindeer
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
A Christmas Tour of Blogs: December 2008

Reindeer Games

Every year, my mother would get ready for the neighborhood door decoration competition. For most of my teen years and long after I graduated from college, this would be a family tradition. My mother, would put her creative and artistic hat on and start planning long before Thanksgiving for what would be on the door. This is her entry for 1967 which I didn't see until I came home for Christmas break from college.

When I married and bought a house, I put my mother to work on door decorations for my house and I still put up the ones she made for me on the side door where I will see them everyday. My husband is the decoration person for the rest of the outside.

Holiday traditions change with the times but at least we have old photos to help us remember the past.

No comments: