Thursday, May 07, 2009

Taking Care of Mom


Four Generations
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel



Carnival of Genealogy 72nd edition "Mothers"

Soon, I will be a grandmother [the baby in this photo is having a baby!] and I've been thinking about the two 4 generation photos [here's the other one] that I am fortunate to have in my collection. Women in my family live for a long time but are not often healthy and need to be taken care of in their old age which is something I am not looking forward to.

I'm in the center of this photo holding my toddler daughter. My mother is the blonde and my grandmother is the brunette. I like that all of us are looking at the baby. Does that make us look maternal?

Photos taken in everyday clothes on a regular visiting day have their own charm, I think! My mom and her mom are gone now but my daughter remembers them well and since she'll be having her first Mother's Day soon, we all need to pause and remember those who have gone but are not forgotten.

2 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Congratulations! I love your multi-generational photographs.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

I'm with Greta - I love your pictures. I'm always drawn into your Flickr photostreams, too! Your pictures are always so interesting.