Friday, November 06, 2009

Phebe Greene Burrrows


DSC03025
Originally uploaded by midgefrazel
Second Row, Left Side [Grave #16 Photo #3035]

Thia gravestone is the reason I went in search of this private graveyard.

Phebe was someone I knew as she was a friend of my grandmother. Because of her, I listened to the family history story that a Denison woman had married a Burrows man and raised his children which made them "family" to my Denison line.

Phebe's husband William Elijah BURROWS is buried with his parents in Pocasset Cemetery in Cranston, RI as he chose to bury his wife with her family here in the Burrows Cemetery and as he lived to be 95, it looks like his name may have been added to his parents gravestone.

In my minds eye, I can see my grandmother and Phebe sitting side by side in their beach chairs, chatting endlessly while the waves pounded the nearby beach.

I'm planning to add more to this post as I have done more research.

No comments: