Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Grandparents

In 2007, I convinced my daughter and son-in-law to spent the day with us in Mystic, CT. We had a lovely lunch and went to the Mystic Aquarium for the afternoon.

On the way to lunch, my daughter asked to visit the grave of her great grandmother. Of course, I need no excuse to go to this cemetery since it was such a lovely day. I showed them how we take photos with the mirror.

Chuck took this photo of us at my maternal grandparents headstones. My grandmother, Heather's great-grandmother, lived until 1992.

We were lucky, weren't we, to have her with us so long. She was a lovely person. She could play the piano by ear and I didn't find that out until I gave my daughter one of those Casio keyboards and my grandmother picked it up and started to play. I went right out and bought another one for her to play. No, I have no musical ability.

When my daughter was born, my grandmother remarked that she never expected to live to see a great grandchild and then she lived 17 more years!

No comments: