Sunday, April 22, 2012

First Meeting House

First Meeting House by midgefrazel
First Meeting House, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.

As Seen on TV: Mr. William Park

I continue to be surprised at seeing Deacon William Park mentioned in the lineage chart of Pastor Rick Warren on Henry L. Gates, Jr.'s program. I have rewatched that episode, pausing to examine the lineage displayed on the screen in hopes of finding the two documents that were in Pastor Warren's "Book of Life".

After some searching, I found the following book in PDF format at archive.org which I downloaded and started looking through until I found the page. It does take some patience as pages like the screen shot above are not text and therefore searchable. At least the book is free and out of copyright. (see the title page below)

Finding this gave me an idea about some finding some books on the History of Newton, MA knowing that both my husband's ancestors and now some of mine are buried in the East Parish Burying Ground in Newton Center. While I work with what I am finding, you will have to be patient and wait for the results. In case you want to see if you have ancestors buried there, then look at the Interment.net list of burials.

 

No comments: