Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Victor Cleansing Co. Truck

Victor Cleansing Co. Truck by midgefrazel
Victor Cleansing Co. Truck, a photo by midgefrazel on Flickr.
This tiny photo was probably taken before 1920 because vehicles after that don't have the lanterns and have longer chassies.

I had to have a lot of help on this one since I know nothing about cars or trucks. This might have been the first real truck owned by the business. and since it says Victor Cleansing Co. on it, it fits into the timeline of the business changing name from any name with Westerly in it to one containing the word Victor.

I have no idea where the word Victor came from. But, I have a lot of items wit this word on it.

If anyone can date this truck, I'd sure love to know. By the way, the address on the side is in Providence, RI (not Westerly).

No comments: