Sunday, July 07, 2013

The Cabinet Maker and the Sea Captain

Photo by Brian Zoldak, 2013, used with permission
The Cabinet Maker and the Sea Captain
Sea Captain's Row Gravel St., Mystic, CT

Photo by Brian Zoldak, 2013, used with permisson
I would not have expected to discover two people that I have been researching to have lived in the same house! They were not closely related and did not have the same occupation. I am still blown away by the coincidence. (They are both Denison descendants.)

My friend, Brian Zoldak, took these excellent photos for me on his recent adventure to Mystic. I love how the house is all decked out with red, white and blue. Since I just wrote about the sea captain, Gurdon Gates, I think it appropriate for me to take this opportunity to show your Daniel Edgecomb's gravestone for the next Tombstone Tuesday. I love the overcast sky to represent the not so smooth sailing of sea captains. You must also remember that Daniel made coffins in his basement. It doesn't get gloomier that that!

Brian took several great photos of the houses on this street. Many fit into my family tree. Maybe it is not as fun as gravestones but for those readers who have never been to New England, it is with delight that I plan to show you all of them (eventually). 

No comments: