Sunday, May 11, 2014

Early Quaker Records

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2014
For Mother's Day, I purchased the newest book about Quakers by Lisa Parry Arnold. It was mentioned in the recent guide to Quakers that was offered by Ancestry.com as part of their newly released Quaker Records Collection. The link for the research guide (a PDF) is on the first page of the records collection. Her recent blog article is "Let Me Call Thee Sweetheart" is on the Ancestry.com Blog.

I also rely heavily on Cyndi Ingle's Quaker links and information shared with me by Stephanie Pitcher Fishman, author of Quaker Genealogy (in Kindle Format) Thanks to them and those who shared information about the Quaker gravestones, I am grateful for an easy learning curve. Here's where I am gathering links and photos for this long-term project.

As a fun activity this weekend, I made a Pinterest board about my mother and enjoyed doing so. I can see what photos I have not scanned and put online as yet and of course, everyone else can see my family photos quite easily. Great idea by Thomas MacEntee!

I pulled out one of my smaller Cocoon organizers and made a "porch kit" for the upcoming months and put it with the small journal that I am using to make sense of my Quaker ancestors. As this line is part of my maternal ancestors, I think this is a good day to put things in quiet order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Midge, I think it is outstanding how organized you are. Thanks for the Quaker information. Happy porch reading and work.